Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursdays...

Thursdays start early. 6:00. Im out of bed hopping into the shower. It's still dark outside. I hate getting up when it's dark outside. Especially when I'm up by myself. Jake is still tucked into bed. I turn on the radio and listen to the same 15 songs that are always playing on 94.3 (thats the only radio station we can get in our house.)

I bring all of my hair tools and makeup into the living room and sit in front of my favorite spot in the house, the heater.It takes me 40 minutes. Then I make my morning shake and and get everything into my backpack. Books, wallet, earphones, and dance clothes. I wake Jake up. He has to take me to school. Having one car is awesome :)

We run to the car. The wind almost blows us away but we make it into our seats. I automatically turn on my seat warmer and put on my seatbelt. We pull out of our driveway. My siblings have just been picked up by the bus. Great. We are stuck behind it. Lynn, the bus driver, has gotten used to us being stuck behind him so he now pull to the side of the road to let us pass so he can make all of the stops he needs to without us riding his tail.

It takes us 30 minutes to drive to Rexburg. We listen to the radio. Same 15 songs I listened to earlier that morning. We make it to campus and I kiss Jake goodbye. I will see him later tonight. It's 28 degrees. Too cold. But the snow is almost gone.

I hike up the hill for my first class, COMM 111 Writing in Journalism. My long day of classes begins.

Thursdays are long. Too long. All I want to do today is go sit by my grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment